Monday, January 04, 2010

Hire Me to Speak to Your People. Cheap!

Over the past several years, I have quietly worked with a few pharmaceutical companies to give them advice. Usually, I have been asked to make a presentation about the use of the Internet by pharmaceutical marketers.

I never asked for nor received any money to do this. But recently, I have asked that a donation be made in my name to a charity, especially one that is a favorite of the employees of the pharma company that invited me in to speak.

In October, 2009, I was invited by Dennis Urbaniak, Vice President Innovation and New Customer Channels at Sanofi-Aventis, to speak to S-A marketing teams about social media. About 50 or so people turned out to hear my opinion.

Dennis arranged to have S-A donate $2,500 in my name to the Somerset County (NJ) United Way (see letter below). Thank you Dennis and S-A!

Of course, I could have used that $2,500 to buy my new Samsung LN52B750 52" 240Hz 1080p Full HD LCD HDTV and HT-BD3252 5.1 Channel 1000W Blu-ray Home Theater System! But, I suspect that the United Way has a much better use for the money.

How about you? Why not start out this New Year by inviting me in to speak to YOUR people?

P.S. This offer is valid only to major pharmaceutical companies located in the NY-NJ-PA area. Travel expenses may apply. May not be combined with any other coupon or special offer.


2 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous idea, John. I love the idea that sanofi-aventis also chose to keep it "local".

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, thanks for such a generous action.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...